“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Think of the United States healthcare system as an ambulance waiting at the bottom of the cliff of chronic disease. Without effective preventive measures it makes sense that our healthcare expenditures are at an all time high.
Did you know?:
- The U.S. spends 75% of its $2.8 trillion annual healthcare budget on treating individuals with preventable chronic diseases, but only 3-5% on preventing them
- 70% of all deaths in the U.S. are linked to preventable conditions
- 1 in 3 Americans born in 200 will develop diabetes during their lifetime
- 1 in 3 adults are obese (~78 million people)
- 1 in 2 adults (~117 million people) have 1 or more chronic health conditions and 1 in 4 adults have two or more chronic health conditions
- 52% of adults >18 years old did not meet recommendations for physical activity and 76% did not meet recommendations for muscle-strengthening physical activity
- 90% of Americans consume excess sodium, increasing their risk of high blood pressure
It is clear that the U.S healthcare system needs more effective preventive tools to help shift the landscape from its current disease-care treatment system into bona-fide healthcare.
As a company out of the University of Miami we noticed a major gap between research proven to prevent, or even reverse chronic diseases, and what was being applied in healthcare. We started HealthSnap Solutions to bridge the gap between lifestyle medicine and traditional healthcare and provide a tool to standardize the evaluation for lifestyle health. With your help we know we can shift our healthcare system towards a cost-effective, patient-centered, preventive model.
To learn more about how our platform works click here.